Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chores

Life is so unfair
I do not get respect
I work and work and work and work
And nada thanks I get

First thing in the morning
As we get out of bed
It's work work work work
Until the bed is made

Then off into the kitchen
Dishes to put away
And work work work work
Alone I slave away

Next I set up breakfast
When all else has been done
And work work work work
A little help maybe, someone?

With breakfast done it's bath time
I've got to fill the tub
And wash clean wash clean
Detritus I must scrub

Once the bath is over
And water fully baled
Then bleach applied to everything
The fumes that I inhaled

Can you believe that that's not it?
There's more that I must do?
And pain pain pain pain
Oh if only people knew...

Next I sit and try to write
My dorky poetry
And work work work work
T'wards dorky majesty

Yes Caro you're so lucky
to have a man like me
Who works works works works
And does it all for free!

I know you haven't noticed
(Or at least you don't let on)
But everyday more work than play
Ugh... I'm so put upon

What's that you say? You know all this
And you contribute too?
Hauling groceries while your thirsty
Hmm I'll give that one to you.

I never have gone hungry
Because you cook most meals
And fry roast cook toast
Hmm... maybe this isn't such a bad deal

You clean up all the dishes
After meals are eaten
And soap clean dry preen
Yikes! Have I now been beaten?

And in every spare moment
You schedule things for us two
And plan plan plan plan
Oh! The work you do

Hmm...

Perhaps I was mistaken
It's possible I am wrong
I work work work work
But you (double time) work work work work work work work
And so perhaps I need to sing your praises in a song

No comments:

Post a Comment