Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympics

The Olympics are starting oh what fun it should be
The athletes are ready as ready as can be

But really: What about me?

I may not be strong and I may not be fast
In any event I was in I'd come last
But that doesn't mean that they shouldn't allow
I want to part of the Olympian games somehow

With all of the games and with all of the sport
Surely that could add one for a guy like me: A big dork
Then I could feel pride as I march in the games
Is it so much? Am I wrong to complain?

I am hoping that next time the games get it right
I could be world champion in the pillow fight
I would be good - no actually excellent I think
If one of the sports was in cleaning the sink

A sport that's for me something in which I'm capable
Like taking out the trash, or setting up the dinner table
I would be on camera for the whole world to see
As I am declared the winner - oh how great that would be!

We need a sport (I would have thought) 'cause everybody knows
That to function in your daily life you need an expert in hanging up clothes
And cleaning the windows (well that's not my cup of tea)
But some game in the games that would be great for me
(Maybe they could make a sport out of dorky poetry???)

Every 4 years at approximately this time
We see athletes performing in many ways sublime
I think its fair that for just one year
We could have a sport in which I could appear

No comments:

Post a Comment