Saturday, October 20, 2012

My life

I must admit I can't recall the days when I was one
But based on everything I've heard I was quite the charming son!
Some kids learn to walk real fast but that was not my way
On all fours I'd lap the floor in a blindingly fast display

When I was two I knew I'd grew much bigger and better by far
I also learned my first word ever - the word I learned was "car"
Now everyone knows that cars have four wheels, and a stroller does too
So what's the difference really? Well, there was none that I could construe!

By the time I was three (oh my oh me!) I had my first girlfriend
Her name was Nicole and she was real droll and she lived down the block at the end
And every day together, every chance I'd get
I'd ask her to marry me, and she'd say "okay, but not yet"

When I was four we moved to New York and I was too young to love from afar
But even more I cried and cried when my parents, when they sold the car!
To Montessori school I went and bigger and bigger I grew
We sang some songs and did some art - and I ate a whole lot of glue

... To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment