Sunday, September 3, 2023

Every home is a death trap

(Roughly to the tune of “ home on the range” - https://youtu.be/qgfQSSnzDLI?si=zsXrGbp5tIITuylS)

I might still be small only 8 short months tall 

But I’ve learned a few things to be sure

As I crawl ‘round the house and make friends with a mouse

I feel one hundred percent quite secure 

All the things off the floor that I put in my mouth 

I am sure there’s no way I could get foot and mouth 

And as I stand up and climb up the bookshelf 

I am sure it would never fall down on myself

And in the bathroom right under the sink 

I see so many things that’d be delightful to drink 

And on every wall is a friendly looking socket

That I’d just like to meet and put into my pocket 

The oven looks fun I think I’ll play right there 

And throw all my stuffed animals unto its fiery care

My parents are wise and I tell you with glee

For a home that could never not ever hurt me

No comments:

Post a Comment