Sunday, August 27, 2023

Getting to “yes”

 Daddy can I have it? Oh pretty pretty please 

I really really want it I will beg upon my knees 

And if still I cannot have it then I guess I must 

Roll around across the floor and make a giant fuss 

And I still can’t have it - if you still resist 

I might become belligerent and hit you with my fist 

And if from there you still don’t care how very sad I am

I might go to the fridge and eat all the family’s ham

And if I still can’t get a yes I might snatch up your phone

And you will have to chase me as we run around the home

And if that doesn’t do it, if still you are so rude

I might have a tantrum where I throw up all my food 


So you see my dear old daddy we can avoid this mess

Instead of saying “you can’t have” just always tell me “yes”

No comments:

Post a Comment