Sunday, November 21, 2021

Na ma - stay

Oh all the people in the world
And of all the people not
There is one person in the world
I've known since t'was a tot

I've called her mom for oh so long
A proper English daisy
And every time that we meet up
We make each other crazy

"Mom I can't I can't right now"
"Then shall I go away?"
"No mom please I don't want that"
"Instead oh na-ma... stay"

"I do not mean to cause you harm"
"Don't let me wreck your day"
"What's done is done and here we are"
"Oh mommy nommy stay"

"What's that? she says "No that's not right"
"nommy??? oh dear I say!"
"It's just a rhyme get over it"
"Oh sorry don't go away"

"Don't go away? Why heaven's not?"
"Your syllables aren't right"
"And here we go again now mom"
"You're starting up a fight"

"Not me not me my precious son"
"Don't let us go this way"
"You've gotten very riled up"
"Listen to your mother: namaste"

No comments:

Post a Comment