Monday, March 31, 2014

A Good Life

I love my wife you know of course you do I say it all the time
It's true that I am chuffed about this little life of mine
I love it for the rhythm and I love it for the rhyme
I love that everyday I wake up next to Caroline
Not to say that every day is always so sublime
But I really think I'm making good my promises divine

You see folks its not like I have always been so fine
I came close to dying back in Nineteen Ninety Nine
I spoke to God and said to him - my troubles's genuine (gen-u-ay-n)
Please save me God please save me and my whole life will be thine

Today I go on living today I'm still alive
And everyday I'm proud to say for Caroline I strive
And here and there be helpful, if helpful I can be
Fulfilling my promise, the promise God made with me

No comments:

Post a Comment