Saturday, July 20, 2013

Nana Billie (Eulogy)

Nanna Billie was a tough old bird - You'd best be on your guard
She wasn't one to be deterred - Which makes this day so hard
When I think of the Sweeney mother - and all the marks she makes
There really is no other  - and right now my heart... it breaks

To the nan who's always with me - to the nan who always tried
To the nan who'd offer: "Have a cup-a?" (tea) - you fill my heart and mind

I miss you nan I love you. I can't believe you're gone
All I can do is think of you the stock from which I'm drawn
And now that you're in heaven, let's try to speak with rising dawn?
Because I miss the light you shined on me - its hard to move along

Nanna Billie was a tough old bird one I would never trade
The best Nanna in the world as long as we obeyed
Now we say goodbye to you, and hold you in our hearts
The world goes on without you, but with fits and starts

No comments:

Post a Comment