Sunday, January 27, 2013

Harvey the hedgehog

Harvey was a hedgehog
Who ran from hedge to hedge
And everywhere that Harvey went
No time to stop and veg

His parents always wondered
If Harvey would slow down
But day to day to their dismay
Harvey ran across this town

And people came to wonder
From all across the town
How Harvey could just run and run
And never would sit down

Some people tried to ask him
But still he would not stop
So it seemed like Harvey
Would run until he dropped

So one day across the village
They came up with a plan
A giant net they did construct
And o'er the main street hang

And sure enough came Harvey
All busy and a blur
Caught in the net oh golly!
It made an awful stir

When word got out a hubbabub
Whirled right through the town
And everyone come out to see
If Harvey was really down

And there he lay a panting
Exhaughted from his run
"Why'd you do it Harvey?"
Came a cry out of the scrum.

"To tell the truth I do not know
Just seemed the thing to do
Busy-ness is where its at
So I got busy too"

"With so much trouble in our village
And so much sorrow in our land
I thought if I could run and run
I wouldn't give a damn"

"And for a time it worked out great
There was a time of bliss
But by and by I missed my mom
And the bedtime nighty kiss"

"But by that time I had a problem
I'd forgotten how to stop
And I was worried I'd run on and on
Until at last I dropped"

"So people of the village
Thanks one and thank you all
But if you please where is my mom?
She the best - the best of all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment